Welcome to the section of the website where you can find out more about our school’s governors and the work of the Governing Body.
The Governors play an active and supportive role in the life of the school. They bring a wide variety of talents encompassing many areas of business and professional life.
The governors’ role
- Together with the headteacher they are responsible for making sure our schools provide good quality education.
- They provide challenge and support to headteachers, drawing on their knowledge and experience.
- They make decisions together on matters such as performance, targets, school policies and school development plans.
- They monitor the impact of policies and oversee school budgets and staffing.
- They report on school achievements and respond to inspection recommendations.
- They hear appeals from pupils and staff and consider complaints.
- They ask searching questions and respect the position of headteachers as professional leaders of schools.
Chair of Governors
Reverend Howard Robson - Safeguarding
Head of School
Trust Appointed Governors
David Ambrose-Smith - Health and Safety
Esther Harris - SEN Representative
Staff Elected Governors
Jason Wing - Executive Principal LECA
Scott Gaskins - Head of School LECA
Parent Elected Governors
Lesley Dorrington - Attendance
Clerk to Governors