What does the Highfield School Council do?
A School Council helps to ensure that pupils have:
- A safe, happy, fair learning environment
- A forum to voice their concerns and act upon them
- A structured opportunity to learn problem-solving skills
- An opportunity to take an active part in the management of the school
- Experience of democratic processes
The School Council makes decisions, after consulting with their peers, about changes at Highfield.
Our School Council also has representatives who help to oversee the mental health and wellbeing of students as well as other concerns such as the environment and community work. This branch of the School Council is called Mighty Minds.
We have representatives from different departments of the school who come together to share ideas and put them into action!